New York University - DPT, Doctor of Physical Therapy
Northeastern University - B.S in Biochemistry
- NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- Pilates Method Alliance Certified Pilates Teacher (PMA®-CPT)
- American Heart Association CPR/First Aid Certified
- Barcelona Schroth Physical Therapy School (BSPTS) C1 Certified Therapist for Scoliosis
- Herman & Wallace Pelvic Floor Certification 1 +2B
- Institute of Physical Art (IPA) Functional Mobilization 1
- RockTape FMT 1
- Spinal Mobility Level 1 Certification
- Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) - 200hr from Back Bay Yoga Studio
- Strala Yoga Teaching Intensive
- Katonah Yoga: The Art of Adjustments with Abbie Galvin
- Core Pilates NYC Comprehensive Training Program
- Kinected Center: The Postpartum Client with Debra Goodman
My name is Kat Castro and I am a New York State licensed physical therapist, a certified strength and conditioning specialist by the NSCA, a Pilates instructor, and a yoga teacher. I am a movement specialist.
I chose my career path as a physical therapist through my mid-college crisis in 2012 when I was studying for my MCAT to go to medical school. I was running and practicing yoga regularly to find solace and space. I signed up for a yoga teacher training and found my love for studying and teaching movement through teaching yoga. I decided I wanted to make a difference in the healthcare community through movement and wellness promotion.
I currently practice at PhysioElements in Manhasset, LI and treat orthopedic and pelvic floor conditions. My interests include chronic pain, sports related injuries, adolescent idiopathic scoliosis, pelvic floor dysfunctions, pre/post-natal population, and pediatrics. I work with my patients to find the root of their problem and develop a comprehensive program incorporating exercise, manual techniques as necessary, neuromuscular education and functional training to help them reach their own goals. I believe every individual's program should be unique and utilize a whole body approach to plan my treatments. I offer Pilates, yoga and personal training sessions upon discharge to transition my patients from "rehab" to fitness.
When I am not teaching or treating, you can find me spending time in NYC with friends, training for half/full marathons, hiking, cooking, reading, traveling and cuddling at home with my cat, Mochi.